HEAL (Harrington Equitable Academic Leadership Program) is a one-year renewable career development program for early to mid-career physicians from backgrounds underrepresented in medicine. A collaborative program sponsored by the Harrington Trust, with Christiania Care, the Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM), and the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM).
Who Should apply
Currently, eligible applicants must:
- Be a full-time ChristianaCare employee.
- Be a member of a group unrepresented in medicine.
- Hold an MD or DO degree and be board certified or eligible.
- Be able to commit to the time requirements of the program.
- Receive approval from department chair or supervisor.
SGIM continues its journey to becoming an anti-racist society committed to promoting and championing diversity, equity, and inclusion as a strategic priority. A diverse panel of reviewers will give all applicants equal consideration.
- Prepare physician leaders to promote policies and practices that improve historically marginalized populations' access to high-quality care.
- Improve skills in curriculum development, program implementation, faculty development, and mentoring through experiential learning and mentoring.
- Develop the strategies and skills necessary to advance careers and navigate the complexities of being a URM physician leader in academic medicine.
- Program participants will choose from over 16 different career development programs offered by STFM and SGIM.
Online application opens
Deadline for application
Notification of acceptance