Last Updated: November 11, 2023
Information We Collect:
1. Non-Personally Identifying Information: We collect non-personally-identifying aggregate data, such as the number of hits per page. These data help us understand how visitors use our site and guide us in enhancing our services. This information is used for internal and marketing purposes and does not disclose your identity.
2. Personally-Identifying Information: For SGIM members and those participating in our programs or meetings, we collect personal data voluntarily submitted to us. This may include but is not limited to names, email addresses, postal addresses, and other demographic information. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 18, as our services are not directed to children.
Cookies and Tracking Technology: Our website utilizes cookies to enhance user experience and assess the effectiveness of our site’s functionalities. Cookies are small data files placed on your device that do not capture personal identification details. You may disable cookies through your web browser’s settings; however, some website features may not function properly without them.
External Links: Our website contains links to external sites. SGIM is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of non-SGIM websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of any external site that collects personally identifiable information.
Use of Your Information: The information we collect is used to:
- Personalize your experience on our site.
- Improve our website and services based on user feedback.
- Communicate with you about SGIM services, inquiries, and other relevant information.
Data Sharing and Disclosure: We may share information with trusted third-party partners who assist us in operating our website and conducting our business, provided they agree to keep this information confidential. We may also disclose information when it’s necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others’ rights, or ensure the safety of our users.
Data Security: We take reasonable measures to protect the security of your personal information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
Your Rights: Users have the right to access, correct, or delete their personal information or to opt out of specific uses of their data as prescribed by law and our policies.
Opt-Out Policy: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, detailed unsubscribe instructions are included at the bottom of each email, or you may contact us via our provided contact information.