The SGIM New England Region has announced its 2023 award winners, recognizing remarkable achievements across various categories in the field. These awards shine a spotlight on individuals who have demonstrated outstanding contributions and innovations in healthcare.
Oral Abstract Presentation Award Winners
- Innovation Category: Dr. Philip Wilson (BIDMC) for “A Two-Way Texting Initiative to Improve Equity Among Patients with Poorly Controlled Type 2 Diabetes”.
- Research Abstract Category: Dr. Andrew Loza (Yale School of Medicine) for “Utilization of a Real-Time Prescription Benefits Tool in the First Year of Implementation at a Large Health System”.
- Clinical Vignettes Category: Dr. Sashank Dusi (Stonybrook University Hospital) for “Thoracic Osteomyelitis with Compressive Myelopathy Presenting as Abdominal Pain.”
Teaching Competition Winners
- Dr. Nathan Wood (Yale School of Medicine) for his educational presentation “The Basics of Nutrition for the Busy Clinician”.
- Award for Excellence in Clinician Education: Dr. Benjamin Gallagher from Yale School of Medicine.
- Advocacy and Community Service Award: Dr. Susan Levine from the University of Connecticut.
- Leader in General Internal Medicine Award: Dr. Gina Luciano, Senior Deputy Editor at MKSAP, American College of Physicians and Primary Care Physician at Baystate Medical Practices, Baystate Health.
Congratulations to all the award winners for their outstanding contributions to the GIM community and their commitment to advancing healthcare!