The Advocacy and Community Service Award is designed to honor members of the SGIM of the Northwest Region who have notably contributed to enhancing the health of their community through advocacy and/or community service. This award can be conferred for a variety of achievements, including:
- Advocacy efforts that have led to improved access to or quality of care for underserved populations.
- Leadership or establishment of community-based programs.
- Development of volunteer or advocacy opportunities for others.
- Promotion of the growth of a community-based program or organization.
- Significant personal, volunteer, or advocacy contributions within the community or to a community-based organization.
- Demonstrated long-term commitment to serving a community-based organization.
February 16, 2024